Trouble is brewing at High Times Magazine. Former Editor and Part Owner of the Magazine claims KENNEDY FUCKED HIM OUT OF HIS MONEY, fucked up High Times, Kennedy TURNED THE HIGHTIMES CANNABIS CUP INTO AN EVIL SOUL-LESS EVENT! Steven Hager and others NOW CALLING FOR A BOYCOTT OF HIGH TIMES, AND THE HIGH TIMES CANNABIS CUP WHICH HAGER ORIGINALLY STARTED.
- I knew the company was worth $20 million at the time and I held ten percent
- Instead of offering a fair deal, High Times accused me of trying to extort money and fired me under clouds of false accusations.
- After firing me under false pretenses, they seized all my video archives (my life’s work), even though a ton of that video was shot on equipment bought by Air Tech, tapes paid for by Air Tech, and Air Tech had rights to use the footage. Neither Air Tech nor I have seen the tapes in four years. We don’t know where they are because High Times won’t tell us. In fact, they haven’t responded to any mail or phone call from me in years.
- After reneging on their lame deal, they just blew me off. And that’s where we are today. But my contract says if they don’t pay, and obviously they haven’t honored the deal, they have to pay all my lawyer’s fees required to get paid in full. So I need about 6 or 7 top-notch lawyers to go to work for me. I have a long list of depositions to be taken to support everything I have posted over the last three days. My budget is 2 million dollars on lawyer’s fees if necessary. And then when the trial is over, and everyone knows exactly what happened, that bill will be turned over to High Times to pay. Or, High Times can come to the table now and talk about the restitution they plan to offer me.
- Hager promising to release damning insider information about High Times
Here is one former insider Steven Hager has to say;
Four years ago, I was a drowning man with three dependents in my arms, and I humbly requested a small raise from High Times since cannabis had just been legalized in Colorado and they were making millions in profit off the Cannabis Cup, an event I invented, and one they tried to kill year after year. It only survived because it made so much money for them. I didn’t get any of that money. In fact, I was 62 years old and my salary was $30k, less than new employees were making, …and not enough to cover the rent on my rent-stabilized apartment.
When Kennedy refused to give me a raise, I just kept negotiating for one like a dog with a bone in his mouth. First I detailed all the things I would do and provide. I had published many successful books for High Times, one of which won a Firecracker Award, and all of which made money. I had produced several documentaries for High Times. And I had written several cover stories that became the biggest selling, most explosive articles in the magazine’s history. And although I kept producing amazing content by the bushel, High Times suddenly would never release anything by me again, even though I owned 10 percent of the company.
Eventually, I reached a point where I began to talk about the abuses against me, and sharing the evidence, like what I started doing on my birthday. Kennedy called me a liar and swiftly fired me and couldn’t get me out the door fast enough. Now the same evidence I tried to share with all the owners in order to leverage a deal for a small raise, is now being shown to the world.
When that raise was denied he requested to sell his 8 shares for a fair price. After High Times would only offer $15,000 per share, Hager put the 8 shares up for sale on ebay, and promoted an auction through social media. Soon, he had four buyers at $250,000 each.
When High Times learned of this, they swiftly fired Hager, threatened him with litigation, demanded all his archives, and took the shares up for pennies on the dollar while Hager was in a PTSD meltdown from their hostile blindsiding.
This is being done in hopes of gaining some small measure of restitution and respect for the crimes committed against me. They still owe me $105k, and I am only asking for $120k. Does this seem unreasonable? I also want half my shares back, because they were seized unfairly. I want access to my tapes. And I want the Temple Dragons returned to run the ceremonies at the Cannabis Cup. All High Times has done so far is ignore me. And it’s not like I didn’t warn them. And once I sent this email and they didn’t respond, I had to follow up or I would have looked like a wimp.
Will High Times respond? Or will they continue to blow me off entirely?
Early next week I’ll be giving $5k to a lawyer to file litigation, and that will probably include releasing the most damaging evidence to support my case, which means the spotlight will rapidly shift to entertainment/business news outlets.
I expect they will attempt to gaslight me with the old canard I am crazy, which will only bolster my case. Or they could put …the hammer down with litigation threats on me, which will bolster my case. I don’t see anything they can do but whiff right now, whiff or settle. And a long expensive trial is something they’ll end up paying for, and it will put a big spotlight on me and enhance my book sales, which are already booming since my birthday. I know it was rough witnessing me vomit up all this bad energy, but it’s over now until the trial begins.