In order to be afforded legal protection of the Maryland Medical Marijuana law, qualified medical marijuana patients must register with the state patient registry and possess a valid identification card by submitting a marijuana card application to the Maryland Natalie M. LaPrade Medical Marijuana Commission. The Maryland medical marijuana card is a state-recognized form of patient identification, issued by the Medical Marijuana Commission and Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.
Beginning June 2016, the Medical Marijuana Commission and Department of Health & Mental Hygiene may start to issue the number of medical marijuana dispensary licenses necessary to meet the demand for medical marijuana by qualifying patients and caregivers that have been issued identification cards.
Key Benefits of Obtaining a Maryland Marijuana Card
A Maryland marijuana card qualifies you to walk into any approved marijuana dispensary and purchase the best cannabis brands at relatively low prices. With this card, you’ll enjoy the full protection of the law, which allows you to be in possession of a specific quantity of this powerful herb.
At MarijuanaDoctors.com, we offer the best marijuana card guidance for patients in Maryland. After obtaining your card, you’ll be entitled to the following benefits.
- Low Prices at Maryland Marijuana Dispensaries — Any amount you spend to get your medical marijuana card will be recovered quickly through the low prices offered at registered dispensaries in Maryland. These dispensaries offer lower rates because marijuana sold for medical purposes attracts lower taxes than recreational marijuana. So, your card will automatically make it possible for you to enjoy premium-quality cannabis, including edibles, at the best prices in your city.
- Access to the Best Strains and Blends of Marijuana — Your card will give you access to the best dispensaries. Accredited marijuana dispensaries will offer you the very best quality of marijuana you can find in the state. The staff at these dispensaries are highly experienced, and they know the best strains you should use for any ailment or medical condition you want to treat. Apart from your recommended dosage, you’ll also have access to tinctures and other varieties that you can use to enjoy faster and more effective relief.
- Full Legal Protection — Maryland cannabis laws are quite strict, and you need to be registered to enjoy the full coverage of the law when you’re in possession of marijuana. With your Maryland marijuana card, you can easily take up to 10 grams of medicine with you anywhere you go. You won’t be harassed or subjected to any unnecessary questioning if you’re found with cannabis while carrying your card.
How to Locate a Licensed Doctor for Your Certification
Finding a doctor to assess your medical history and write a statement to certify that you’re qualified to obtain a marijuana ID card is no longer a difficult task. With the network of qualified, licensed and trusted doctors featured on MarijuanaDoctors.com, you can easily locate one that will help you provide a statement to get your card.
As long as you’re a resident of Maryland, we can help you search for a certified doctor that works near you. Visit our Maryland marijuana doctors page now for a fully vetted list of licensed, reputable practitioners in the Old Line State. You’ll find multiple ways to quickly locate a doctor. Search by city, zip code, distance or specialty to narrow your search.
After selecting any of the marijuana doctors, you can go through their profile. We provide as many details as possible. You’ll see how long they’ve been practicing, their fees and how quickly they’ll provide service. You’ll also find each doctor’s office hours and any pre-visit requirements. Before you request an appointment, go through the patient reviews to get a feel for how each doctor has treated patients in the past.
We Offer Professional Guidance to Help You Get Your ID Card
We’re fully prepared to help anyone who’s qualified to get a Maryland marijuana card quickly and easily. Apart from connecting you to our network of certified doctors, we give you all the facts and guidance required to make the process simple and hassle-free. That’s why we’ve provided all the up-to-date laws regulating the cannabis ID card.
We also show you how to get your medical records from your primary healthcare provider before you visit your marijuana doctor. In fact, we currently offer one of the most detailed guides on how to obtain a medical marijuana card in Maryland.
Take full advantage of the network of marijuana doctors and dispensaries we offer. For more information, browse through our Maryland directory and request an appointment to get your marijuana card today.
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Maryland
- Obtain legitimate medical records or documentation from your primary care physician describing their diagnosis — *Learn how to request your medical records
- Patients need a signed Physician’s Statement from a physician, currently licensed to practice medicine in Maryland — *Find a certified medical marijuana physician in Maryland
- Patients must be 18 years of age, and be a Maryland resident, with a valid proof of residency.
- To qualify, a patient needs to be diagnosed by a physician as having one of the following debilitating medical conditions that is specifically identified in the law:
Patients are required to register with the Maryland Natalie M. LaPrade Medical Marijuana Commission. Registration is mandatory.
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that results in a patient being admitted into hospice or receiving palliative care; or
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment of a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that produces: Cachexia, anorexia, wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures or persistent muscle spasms
- The patient registry fee will be determined during the rulemaking process.
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
201 West Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201